Monday, March 5, 2012

February 2012

Happy Leap Year! February was an interesting month. We had a nice Valentine’s Day with a heart-shaped pizza and lots of candy and chocolate. We mostly hung out inside since the weather was weird this month, but the girls had fun playing together, doing some arts and crafts projects, making a mess downstairs, and harassing us for shows, food, or whatever else they wanted.

I had some more kidney stone pain this month, so my doctor had me go to the hospital and get an ultrasound to confirm the kidney stone diagnosis. We got the results a few days later and my kidneys looked great. I didn’t have kidney stones (good news) but that meant that my pain was being caused by something else (bad news). It turned out that I had another ovarian cyst that would need to be surgically removed. I had a similar situation nine years ago, but was cut open and in the hospital for four days. This procedure was to be much simpler and done laparoscopically and as an outpatient procedure. It was a little nerve-wracking to get this news, but we’re lucky to have family and friends that are very supportive and helped with the girls so we could go to our appointments without them in tow. I was scheduled to have surgery on March 1st and am currently posting this from bed. The surgery was a success and I now have eleven paid days off work, so I’m taking advantage of this time and catching up on the blog, reading all my magazines that have been piling up on my nightstand, and doing nothing (Garrett’s been very good at making sure I stay in bed for most of the day).

In girl news, Brooklyn continues to get better at speaking in sentences. We often have to translate for "outsiders," but I'm sure a lot of parents run into understanding their kids when no one else does. She says her sister's name so cute and gives us great hugs and kisses. Kami is getting much better at writing and can spell her name and my name. She can't spell "mom," but she can spell "Tessa." It's the little things, right?

Since we were dealing with my health stuff, I was a bit preoccupied and didn’t take a ton of pictures, but we caught a few good moments. Enjoy!



**I gave the girls some nail polish for Valentine's Day with the intention of them getting their nails painted by an adult. Brooklyn wasn't very fond of that idea...I didn't really think anything of her being gone for a few minutes after I told her no, but then I counted the nail polish bottles and realized both she and one of her bottles were missing...this is what I found in the bathroom...**

Blowing on her toenails.

Yup, I caught her.

She did surprisingly well for a two-year old.

Crunching the eyeballs off the poor chocolate puppy.

Mmm...dig right in!

I tried to get her to show me the puppy and smile, but she couldn't take her eyes of the chocolate.

She was anxious for her blankie to get out of the dryer to be "all keen!"

There it is!

The girls doing some Valentine's Day crafts. I've decided I'm going to try to get them to do a painting for each holiday/season. The canvases were about $5/2 at Wal-Mart and we had the paint and brushes from a previous craft and they did a pretty good job!

These girls love their kitty towels. I find myself buying a lot of pairs of things. Two identical towels, two of the same candy, two of the same shirt...

This girl falls asleep in the weirdest positions. This night was on top of my pillow parallel to the headboard. When she's out, she's out.

1 comment:

Amy.E said...

At least she chose a safe-ish place in which to work on her pedicure! They are so cute! I miss you guys!!