Tuesday, March 3, 2009

26 Months

Well, we officially are starting potty training and even went to Target to buy some "big girl underwear!" We have also vetoed the word "panties" since it sounds dirty...eww...I tried to let Kami pick her own underwear out, but she wanted the Diego underwear and those were boy underwear and I felt weird about her having a flap in the front...eww again...Kami's daycare provider (a lovely lady named Denice who Kami loves) thought Kami was totally ready for potty training, so she gets to do it! Why not pawn that off on someone else. She tried today and peed her pants about 6 times, but I'm sure by the end of this week she be a potty pro! Denice also said that Kami was very advanced for her age. I always have thought she was...of course she's a genius! She's my daughter!
As far as talking, it seems like Kami learns a new word/phrase every day. A few of her favorites are "It hurt me!" to which she always sounds really surprised (like running into a wall shouldn't hurt?), "I okay" normally follows the first phrase, and "Diego go!" after her favorite show. It's odd, because she is quite attached to Diego and has to watch at least one of his shows every day. She would watch the same one over and over again. I, on the other hand, would not, and wake up some days singing the theme song. Ugh. She can also count to three and she actually understands what it means (she counts everything these days) and can name more animals than I realize she knows (snake="snek," monkeys="mu-keys," duck="duhs). She picks up on everything, so we have to watch what we say so she doesn't repeat it. She also calls both of her grandparents "ganpa," so you don't know if she's talking about my mom or my dad (on Garrett's side, his mom is "ganpa" and his dad is "papa").
Kami is such a joy to have in our house and we have been so blessed (I know it sounds cheesy) by her. She makes us smile and laugh and our hearts melt every time she gives us a hug or kiss!
Kami still likes to put this thing on her head. I think I've got another picture posted on here from a long time ago where she's doing the exact same thing. She still thinks it's funny.

Kami's horsey, Mollie (from the Wells Fargo wagon!), wanted to play in the bubbles too. Funny story, I bought her a bubble machine last summer and she had a blast with it outside. I brought it inside over the winter so it wouldn't break and she found it almost a year later and knew exactly what it did. "Bubbles mama!!!"

Has anyone seen the "Saturday Night Live" with Kristin Wiig on the "Lawrence Welk Show" with the bubbles? You should YouTube it and then let me know what you think of this show...

This photo cracks me up! Chomp! I'm not even sure what she was trying to do here, but it's hilarious!

So many tiny bubbles...
She got some bubbles on the ottoman and was nice enough to clean up after herself.

This is what I get when I say "Say cheese Kami!"

Can you even handle to sweetness? She's starting to figure out how to sit still and smile for photos. Unfortunately, her passport photo did not turn out as well as this shot...I'll post a photo when the Federal Government has decided it's okay for our 2-year old to leave the country...
My what long pigtails you have...

Kami's rockin the "no pants" look, which she does quite often at home. She also likes to wear an extra shirt around her neck.
Kami hanging out on mama and dada's bed eating some cocoa eggs ('tis the season!).

Kami does have helping hands. Her hands also like doing puzzles, which she is actually really good at! She's also getting good at going to Sunday School. We even got to leave her all by herself the other week. I haven't heard a sermon in about 2 years!

What the deuce...

Yay! I got cocoa! Check out my mustache!

5 comments:

Kate said...

I love her outfits! She's hilarious. And I LOVE that skit with Kristen Wiig...she's my fav on the show.

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Aw. She's so precious, Tessa!

Those early potty-training days- they look so different without a fat diaper under their pants! She's growing up so fast, and she's gorgeous to boot!

Hey- congrats on your news, too! We're rejoicing with you, and praying for you.

Jennspiration said...

Congrats Tessa and Garrett and Big Sister!

Michael + Christina said...

Hey here is the website where I originally found michael's ring and then had our friend order it for us!
http://www.titanium-buzz.com/dastri.html

Hope all is well!!

Amy.E said...

I love your crazy kid! It's been almost a month since I've seen her (or you)! :( The "posed" photo makes her look so grown up! Good luck with the potty training!